Starting a Medical Business in UAEAdvicePRO
Starting a Medical Business in UAE – Things You Should Know.
Medical or Healthcare business is booming all over the world. The people in UAE lead a hectic work and social life. As per a survey conducted by WHO, one in three adults in UAE are obese, and one in five is diabetes. Thus, there is a need to provide high-quality health care facility to the citizens of the country. The healthcare facility of the country has improved significantly in the past few years with the aim to provide top class diagnostic and treatment facilities to the citizens.
The UAE government is doing all that it can to woo medical tourists to the country by providing excellent healthcare facilities. UAE has a lot of advantages that help in the development of the healthcare facility. The country has an excellent infrastructure and well-built transportation and logistics facility that helps to connect people from different parts of the world. In addition to this, the country has adopted an innovation-driven approach for boosting the healthcare industry. All this provides an excellent opportunity for the medical business set up in Dubai.
Import and Supply of Medical Equipment in Dubai
With the aim to improve the healthcare standard of the country and to boost the industry, the UAE government is offering various incentives and also liberalizing its import policies for foreign investors. It is expected that by 2026 the overall medical expense of the country would be 4.6 percent of its GDP. Thus, if you are looking to start a medical equipment import or distribution business, this is the right time to start.
Let us have a look at the documents required and the procedures to follow to start a medical equipment business in UAE.
Documents required to Start a Medical Equipment Manufacturing or Distribution Business in Dubai, UAE
Before starting the company formation in Dubai, you should ensure that all the medical equipment that you are planning to deal with is approved by the UAE Ministry of Health (MOH) Drug Registration and Control Department. The documents to be submitted includes
- Duly filled application form for starting the business. This should be signed and stamped by an authorized person of the company
- Notarized and authorized letter to a local company. This letter should give authority to the company to submit the registration files on their behalf to the concerned department i.e. the Drug Department & Distribution Rights.
- ISO 13485 certificate. This should be issued by the concerned authority in the country of origin. A separate certificate should be issued for each site that is a part of the manufacturing process of medical devices. (notarized and legalized)
- Company profile in detail.
- A list of the products manufactured or assembled by the site
- Manufacturing license issued to the site by the concerned authority in the country of origin. This license should be legal and valid.
- Once all the documents are submitted, and they are found to be in order, the Ministry of Health, UAE will provide a registration number which is valid for five years.
How to Register a Company for Medical Equipment Import in UAE?
- Unless there is a pre-approval issued by the Ministry of Health, UAE, no medical devices can be imported into the country.
- First, you need to obtain a medical warehouse license issued by the Ministry of Health
- Before issuing the license, the Ministry of Health will inspect the warehouse.
- Once the inspection is over, the company should provide the below documents to the authority. The documents include
- A proof that the inspection was carried out.
- Details of the medical and pharmaceutical devices which the company plans to import.
- The authority will review the document and will accept or reject it.
- If accepted by the Ministry, the file is passed to a final committee at the Ministry of Health for approval.
- After reviewing, the final committee will provide the import license to the best proposal. For this purpose, the committee meets four times a year.
- If the application is rejected by any chance, the authority will communicate the reason for rejection. The company can then make the necessary changes and resubmit the application.
If a healthcare-related business; be it a pharmacy, a hospital or a clinic in UAE, is anywhere on your agenda you are going in the right track. The demand for medical devices is increasing day by day, and you can reap the benefit of this increased demand. If you are looking for guidance to set up a healthcare related business, then help is at hand.
Advicepro, through its years of experience setting up ventures in UAE, will help you familiarize with the business environment of the country. For any help to start your medical business in UAE, feel free to contact us.